Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I Brake For ....Large Pears

Hello stampers  - Nancy here today!!  I hope your Memorial Day weekend was nice and as the unofficial start of summer I hope you had some wonderful weather to enjoy the long weekend.
Today I have a beautifully illustrated stamp to show you.  It is called Large Pears and can be found here on the IBFS store.


I love fresh fruit - especially in the summertime.  We have lemon, orange, and plum trees in our yard but no pear - the weather is simply too hot for pears.  And have you ever had pear ice cream?  Oh it is delicious.  I was at a dinner where the host had homemade pear ice cream and served it with rum pound cake (also homemade).  The combination of the flavors of pear and rum was just delightful!!

The  Large Pear image was stamped with Memento Ink and colored with copics.  I tried several color combinations and decided the green looked best.

I went back and forth on how much embellishing for this card.  The image itself is large so you can only do so much before your card gets too big to handle. On cards like this I tend to leave a sentiment off because the image can be used for a variety of occasions .  Perhaps just a "thinking of you" would work well.  I took the brad used on the card and colored it with a brown copic to coordinate with the other browns used.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hop on over to the IBFS store where you can find this and thousands of other stamps.  




No comments:

Post a Comment