Sunday, May 14, 2017

I Brake for...Affirmation

Hannah here, stepping out of my Steampunk love'n style!

Sometimes I like to stretch my boundaries and my expectations of a card, the stamp I used for today's card is a perfect example of this. I chose to use this card for a couple of different reasons.
  1. I haven't seen many stamps like it on the market
  2. It is SO different from my usual style, I wanted to see what I'd do with it
  3. I LOVED the "YES" sentiment on it!


Isn't it the selection of stamps, that are out of the ordinary, awesome at I Brake for Stamps?!?!?!
Wouldn't this card be perfect for a teenager, or someone who is just tricky to get the perfect card for? The encouragement on the front is AMAZING, I love the simple YES. Inside a sentiment could be added for a birthday, or a graduation, or anything that is needed! YES! Happy Birthday! YES! Congrats! Those would be the PERFECT additions!
I used my stamp positioning technique for rubber stamps, which you can watch here.
This image was stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black and then re-stamped with VersaMark prior to embossing with WOW! Clear Embossing Powder. I painted everything with my Zig Real Brush Markers except for the two "star" areas which I used my Kuretake Gansai in a pearl color. Yes, even the black background was made using my black Zig brush.
I matted this image on a piece of brown cardstock I had, I wanted it to look like an extension of a wall. To tie the two layers together I used a stencil from Tim Holtz to overlap both panels. I used Ranger's Texture Paste to carry on the overall look I was going for. The texture paste popped too much on the brown areas (it took a gray tone where it was naturally mixing with the black Zig) so I GENTLY brushed my Dew Drop Brilliance ink pad in Cosmic Copper.
I hope that I have inspired you into thinking outside your own crafting box! If you are interested in this, or in any other stamps from I Brake for Stamps, I urge you to pop on over to their website! You'll find THOUSANDS of awesome rubber designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment