Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I Brake For....Apple Blossom!

Hello stampers - Nancy here today to show you a couple of cards using the very pretty Apple Blossom stamp.  Here is the first card.



I've been wanting to do this technique for awhile now - where you use part of a die or cut file to create  the look of a trellis with some flowers climbing on it.  I started with a Silhouette cut file called lattice placemat and using the Silhouette knife tool cut out most of it so that it would fit on a card front.  Here is the original file (which is a 12 x 12 design)  and how I used it on the card front.


I stamped the Apple Blossom image to overlap the cut out area.  This was done intentionally.  I stamped the image again on a separate piece of paper, colored the larger blossom, cut it out and popped it up on the main panel  I sponged some memento ink around the edges.



I found some pretty green organza ribbon along with a stash of silver thank you charms that I have had for ages and added them to the card.
The Apple Blossom image was colored with copics.  It can be found on the IBFS store here.

I decided to do another card with the same stamp but really had nothing in mind.  So I first stamped the image several times in versamark and embossed the images....



Then I took several shades of blue ink and just covered the card with the ink.


Loved the color scheme and decided to make a few tags...


I figured I had the makings of a card at this point so I stamped the bottom of a card base with the same stamp and ink and placed the tags on the front.  Here is the final version.


The "thanks" is a cut file.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hop on over to the IBFS store to find your favorite image!


No comments:

Post a Comment