Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Brake to Dance!

This song was inspired by a few of David Bowie's songs, but being me, I mistook the "red shoes" in Let's Dance for "red dress". Oh well. At least I remembered that something was red. However, there are a lot of other songs where women wear red dresses, so maybe I was inspired by them. Who really knows?

Here's my card using the dancing woman and the clock/sentiment from The Old and The New Half Sheet (Stampinback) which you can purchase at I Brake for Stamps



The woman from the The Old and The New set was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a Black Multi-liner pen. A touch of blush was added with a pink chalk pencil (Derwent). She was set aside while I created a background for her.

Silver glitter paper (DCWV) was die-cut with the Star Flourish die (Memory Box) and set aside.

The clock/sentiment from The Old and The New set was stamped with Unicorn Hero Hues (Hero Arts) onto music-patterned paper from the DIY Shop 6x6 pad (American Crafts) then heat-set with Polysparkle embossing powder (Ranger).

Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch Distress inks (Ranger) were sponged over the heat embossed music paper. Faded Jeans Distress ink was sponged over the Tornado stencil (Andy Skinner/DecoArt). The card front was edged with Black Soot Distress ink.

The glittery die-cut was adhered, then the dancer from the The Old and The New set was adhered on the die-cut. The cardfront was adhered to a white card and I called it done.

I Brake for Stamps has a great selection of Stampinback Stamps stamps. Click on the badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! 


Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card, and the red dress is just in time for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete