Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I Brake for Parrots


It's 2016 so I needed a new tear off calendar. Thanks to the Internet, I've fallen in love with parrots. Truth be told, I've always loved them, but last year, I started following an Australian woman who hand-raises and trains parrots from the eggs to their adoption. She shares videos and photos on FB and I find it totally captivating. So when I saw this image, Parrots (I Brake for Stamps), I had to get it!

Parrots was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a Black Pitt Artist pen (Faber Castell).

Scraps of tropical foliage and patterned green paper, hoarded from the Tropical Travelogue 8x8 pad (Graphic 45), were edged with Black Soot Distress ink. The calendar was stapled onto one of the scraps of tropical foliage paper. 2016 was die-cut from the green-patterned paper using the Mermaid font die (Die-Versions). Black cardstock was die-cut using one of the dies from the Sentiment Frame #1 set (Cherry Lynn Designs).

You really ought to go check out I Brake for Stamps stamps, plus all the other great stamps at I Brake For Stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! 


Thanks for visiting today!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment