Thursday, September 8, 2011

IBFCC #9 - Background Stamps

Howdy! It's Holly posting today, and today's challenge over on the I Brake for Challenges blog is all about background stamps. So pull out your background stamps and get inky and share your creations with us!

I love background stamps, and my favorite one is Holly's Tattered Background from I Brake for Stamps. This is THE most versatile stamp I've ever owned. Just look at how I used it on this card.


Not only did I stamp the Tattered Background on the red paper, but I also stamped it directly over the horse scene after I colored it. Now it looks like a very old Western painting - love it!!

I stamped this Desert Mustang with Timber Brown Stazon ink onto watercolor paper, and then I watercolored it with various distress inks. After this was completely dry, I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around the edges. Then I used Antique Linen distress ink and stamped Holly's Tattered Background all over the colored image.

I used some Walnut Stain distress ink on the same Tattered background and stamped it all over the red paper in the background. The main image was distressed with a distress tool, and then I used the Torn Frames technique (from Technique Junkies) around it. Lastly, I frayed some twill tape and added that behind the Torn Frame.

You can see that you don't "have" to use background stamps only on your backgrounds. Give your stamps a whirl and see what you can do with yours. Better yet, check out what the other gals have done on the I Brake for Challenges blog and play along with us. There's a fun prize for one lucky player!


Stamps: Desert Mustang, Holly's Tattered Background - I Brake for Stamps
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, distress inks
CS: Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, watercolor paper, Wanted pp (Cosmo Cricket)
Other: aquapainter, distress tool, twill tape, sponge
TJ Techniques: Torn Frames, Worn Wallpaper

No comments:

Post a Comment