Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Brake for Ghosts and Pumpkins!

Pumpkins are popping up in local grocery stores! Today I found the season's first apple cider, but this week's temperatures are going to be in the 80s. I am very ready for fall, I wish the weather would agree with me! :D

Hannah here, from Fanciful Spaces, I come to you bringing a fall/Halloween themed card! I had quite a bit of fun painting this card. I used the Large Ghosts & Pumpkins rubber stamp, however, there is also a digi version as well!


Most of the image of this card was painted using Distress Ink, I did use Zig Clean Color Brush Markers on the leaves of the pumpkin. The rest of the panel was colored using Distress Oxides, I took photos of some of the steps I used to achieve the look. To finish off the card I ran it through my die cutter to give the edge a stitched effect using a rectangular stitched die. I also embossed the edges black, I feel like just finished off the card, like a period at the end of a sentence!

Colored image.

Ink Splotched Black Soot Distress Ink.

Imaged masked out with Post-It Tape.

Distress Background with masking removed.


I just LOVE the look of the background, and doing it in layers allows for a lot of creative movement. I did lose the "Boo" sentiment from the stamp. but I was OK with that, the image is just so adorable as it is.



There are SO many Autumn/Halloween/Thanksgiving themed stamp sets in stock at I Brake For Stamps, and they ship out REALLY quickly! While I wouldn't wait to place your order (crafting takes time, after all) there is PLENTY of time to place your order and take advantage of the vast amount of styles available! I can't wait to see what you create!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment