Sunday, August 20, 2017

I Brake For...Buildings!

Hello, my faithful Sunday followers!

Today's card is coming to you using a stamp that came from a previous set I have showcased here. Do you remember my cat card I posted a few weeks ago? That sheet of rubber contained not only these ADORABLE cats, but it also contained two building stamps. Today I am using one of those building sets! 


This card, using the Cats and Buildings set, was such a fun card to put together. I imagined that these buildings were probably in some Italian city, perhaps Venice, and because of that I knew I could color them any colors I wished! I LOVE beautiful and unique buildings. I colored these buildings in with Copic markers and then fussy cut them out, it was REALLY easy and fun! 


For the background, I went with a "galaxy" type of sky. I had recently taken a watercolor class on galaxy and moon techniques, and I was excited to practice those skills on this card. I used a combination of pan and tube watercolors. When it was dry I used a combination of a white Gelli Roll pen and white ink to create the stars. I ran this panel through my die cutting machine to create the stitched edge and finally, I found a sentiment in my stash that I loved and white heat embossed it.



This card was such a breeze and so relaxing to color. I absolutely LOVE this Cats and Buildings set, I will most likely be using the other building set in the near future. :D I strongly encourage you to play with this set, and to search similar terms to see what related products I Brake For Stamps has, with well over 3,000 stamp sets there are SO MANY to choose from!







No comments:

Post a Comment