Monday, August 28, 2017

I Brake For Dandelions!

Hi everyone! It's Monica from Taylormadecards4u. I am here today to share with you one of the easiest ways to create a vintage inspired card. This technique can be accomplished with most any type of stamp.  Today I am working with the stamp called Large Dandelion.


I often go to used bookstores and look for old books. I especially like to find old dictionaries. A while ago, I found a small one that had the perfect pages for 5" x 7" cards.  I like to find a page that is appropriate to the theme and the word "silhouette" was perfect.

Silhouette stamps work best as you can stamp with black ink and it easily covers the words on the page. The stamps make a bold statement and the dictionary page is not the focal point, but the background.

The sentiment is called "The Path" and is a perfect match for this stamp as it measures up nicely next to the stem. The sentiment letters were a bit thin, so I did use clear embossing powder to darken up the ink just a bit.  I matted the dictionary page onto some black card stock and mounted that onto two pieces of designer paper.

It is a very easy technique, which produces a great vintage inspired card. 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment