Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I Brake For....Wheat!

Hello friends, Nancy here today!   I have a pretty card to show you t - one that was supposed to be clean and simple but ended  up a bit more.  Here is the card:


 
The stamped image is called Wheat and can be found on the IBFS store here.

Now, you know you are a crafter when you start a card, thinking it will be a nice clean and simple, then you start adding layer after layer and before you know it you have 4 layers on top of a base card!

I started by stamping the wheat image with versamark and embossed it with an embossing powder called Harvest.  I have not used a colored embossing powder in many years and found this particular color in the bottom of a craft drawer.  It's actually embossing powder mixed with copper colored glitter and is beautiful in person - just does not photograph well.




I then cut the image out with a fancy pierced edge die.  I started to add this onto a pretty piece of copper metallic cardstock but it looked a little plain....I found another die that I had already cut - a flourishy rectangle piece and placed the copper paper behind it.  At this point I thought I was done - I punched a scalloped border along the edge of a base card and started to put things together.  Here are the pieces at this point.



But no....I would not stop there!!  I felt it needed just another layer...and I found another die in my ever growing collection  This one was more of a floral shape and had slots on either side where I could thread some ribbon ......


So after all was said and done, my clean and simple card is now 4 layers - including 3 different dies, one punched border, embossed with a ribbon accent.  It's all part of the fun!


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you check out the IBFS store to find this and thousands of other wonderful stamps.



No comments:

Post a Comment