Sunday, July 30, 2017

I Brake For...Cats

Happy Sunday!

I've got a super cute card for you! I needed a birthday card for my aunt who loves cats. Sometimes I just search random words in the I Brake For Stamps search engine to see what it gives me, I'm always surprised by the extensive library. I was searching cats one day when I found the perfect stamp for my Aunt's card! 

There is a rubber sheet (maybe it is a half sheet) that contains three stamps. You can't buy the stamps individually, but all 3 stamps are REALLY great and worth having. I'm talking about the Cats and Buildings sheet. There are two stamps of BEAUTIFUL buildings lined up and one of a bunch of cats. I super loved these cats at first sight and I HAD to acquire them! Today's card is using those cats, I can't wait to use the two building stamps!


For this card, I stamped the image using StazOn and colored it using Zig Real Clean Color Brush Markers. I then found a speech bubble die in my stash and cut it through the painted panel AND through a layer of fun foam at the same time. Doing this ensured that the decorative edge of the speech bubble aligned perfectly with the foam that I used to give this card a touch of dimension. I then colored the paper with my Zigs.

I found a FABULOUS sentiment in my stash, even though it doesn't reference a birthday I can still either stamp a "Happy Birthday" or just write it in my message on the inside. I stamped this message in black ink and then again in Versamark to emboss it in clear embossing powder. Then I colored the inside of the letters with one of the colors I'd used in the cats.

At this point, I glued the speech bubble to the fun foam using Tombow glue. The fun foam was still much larger than the painted panel, only the decorative edge had been cut down. I fussy cut the other three sides and also fussy cut any extra hanging out amongst the scallops.

Using my tape runner I taped the cat part to my card base and using my Tombow glue I glued the sentiment part to my card base. And then I was done!

I just love how clean and beautiful this card looks!


This was a really fun and easy card to work on, I got such a giggle painting the cats because their expressions are all so different! I really suggest searching random terms in the I Brake For Stamps search engine, it is such a fun thing to do. You'll find really inspiring stamps to add to your card, and to your stash!





No comments:

Post a Comment