Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I Brake For....Stacked Presents!

Hello IBFS friends!  How is your summer going?  We are doing well down here in hot and humid Florida, except for my small vegetable garden, which seems to have taken the year off!  My tomato plants are dying, my orange and plum trees did not blossom,  and the only thing growing this year seems to be a couple of small pepper plants.  I guess we'll just need to rest the soil this year and hope for a better crop next year.

The Fourth of July is less than 3 weeks away and I took my inspiration from that holiday to make this birthday card.





This card is perfect for anyone with a birthday near July 4th, or someone who like the red, white and blue color scheme.  The image is called Stacked Presents and it is a digital image  It can be found here.  Did you know that I Brake For Stamps does digital images?  In addition to the thousands of rubber stamps they have a great collection of digis as well. I hope you will check them all out!  The best thing about digis is that you can resize them to fit your needs, color them within whatever computer program you are using and they take up no physical space!

The sentiment is a rubber stamp called Best Wishes Birthday and can be found here.

I printed the image out on copic x-press it cardstock and went to work coloring it with copics.  The present that has the stars on it originally was just a plain box and I felt it needed something, so I took a star punch and some acetate and made myself a little stencil!  How easy it that?  You can also try it with a small hole punch if you want to do polka dots.  And while I used the red, white and blue theme, any color can do with these - just pick some patterned paper and use the colors on it as your guide!



The star background paper is part of a patriotic digi paper pack I've had for years.  I think I use it every Veteran's Day when I make a card for my husband so it was nice that I was able to get some more use out of it on this card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hop on over to the IBFS store and take a look at all the wonderful stamps there.


No comments:

Post a Comment