Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I Brake For.....Luncheon Meat!

Lunchoen Meat???  Hi everyone it's Wednesday and time to show you what I did with the cute and funny stamp  from I Brake For Stamps called Luncheon Meat.  First let me show you what the stamp looks like:



Cute, right?  I love the look on the faces of the fish and the helpless worm!  I wanted to go in a different direction with this stamp though.  Here is my card:



To get the most use of my stamps I try to think of various ways to use them.  My card is an exercise in masking and using a stamp positioning tool (I used the stamp-a-ma-jig).  Once everything was stamped I pulled out my copic markers,  set up a rainbow palette and went to work.   My inspiration for the card was this t-shirt:


Once the fish were all colored I worked on the background.  The watercolored look of the background was created using copic colorless blender in an aqua brush.  I then scribbled some very rich blue color (B69) on a craft sheet,  picked it up with the aqua brush and simply brushed on the color.

Now, if you don't have copic colorless blender you can use rubbing alcohol but the color many not be the same.  

The sentiment on the bottom of the card is computer generated.

The Luncheon Meat stamp can be found on the IBFS store here.

Then I did a second card.  Have you ever cut your stamps apart?  This is one of those stamps that can be cut apart and used in a variety of ways.  In the next card I used the worm an two of the fish. 



 I can see using those fish individually for so many different cards. The worm and fish were colored, cut out and popped up.  And it was a bit tricky cutting that little worm!!  

The waves were created using a couple of curved border dies and I don't know if you can see it well from the picture but the bottom of the card is embossed with a design that looks like waves.
I hope you have enjoyed these cards.  Please take a look at the IBFS store to find all sorts of fish stamps! 

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment