Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I Brake for Blue Poppies!

It's the second day of spring, snow is on the ground, and it's still chilly here in the Northeast. I'm yearning for warm days and flowers, so I decided to go floral with the poppies/text image from the Half Sheet Numbers and Flowers (Stampinback stamps) carried at I Brake for Stamps. By the way, IBFS ships internationally!

Here's my card.

The poppies/text image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (ImagineCrafts) onto wood patterned paper. The poppies were colored with Copic markers to match a photo of gorgeous blue poppies that I found on Google images. As a Virgo, I sometimes usually like to be accurate. I used a wet brush to loosely draw around the perimeter of the image, then tore on the wet lines. The poppies part of the image was outlined with a Copic marker, then the text and dot part of the image were sponged with Distress inks.

I recently rediscovered my sprays and decided that they weren't evil after all! In fact, they're rather fun to use! A corrugated cardboard rectangle (reserved packaging) was sprayed with various blue sprays until I was happy with the result. The excess ink was mopped up with a second corrugate rectangle, a white tag, and a short length of white lace.

A stencil was placed atop the sprayed corrugate, then a pearlescent white spray was misted over top to create a pattern and some shimmer. The sprayed shimmery corrugate was heat set, then the top layer was torn in a few spots to reveal the texture below. Some Distress ink was sponged onto the revealed layers to change the color a bit. 

The image panel was adhered, the dyed lace was stapled on, and three small dragonfly charms were added.

I found a sheet of script patterned paper in my stash, which I cut down, then used Jet Black Archival ink  with the dot patterned stamp from the Half Sheet Numbers and Flowers rubber sheet to stamp the dot pattern several times. The dotty script panel was sponged with the same mix of Distress inks used on the image panel. 

The corrugate matted image panel was adhered to the card front, glitter stickers from my stash were used to add the sentiment, and the card front was adhered to a blue 5x7 card.

I Brake for Stamps has a great selection of Stampinback's rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment