Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I Brake for Steampunk Skulls!

Steampunk Skullanother of my favorite digital images, was just released in gorgeous deeply etched rubber by by Carmen Medlin Designs for I Brake for StampsSteampunk Skull is available separately or in the New Steampunk rubber stamp set with six other fabulous Steampunk images that are also now in rubber! By the way, IBFS ships internationally!

Here's my card with Steampunk Skull.


Steampunk Skull was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (ImagineCrafts) and colored with Copic markers.

Mixed media cardstock was die-cut with  bent and straight pipe dies, a chain die, and a Steampunk Corner die. The pipes were formed into a frame and then painted with silver acrylic paint, which also was used to paint the chains and the corner. A mix of other paints were dry brushed onto the pipes, the chains, and the corner to add the look of rust to them.

Blue cardstock was cut to 5.75" x 6.75", then dry embossed with a Steampunk-themed embossing folder. The raised bits were brushed with silver waxy stuff to add a metallic look to them. The image panel was then edged with my balky silver leafing pen.

The corner and chains were adhered to the top of the card front. A tiny gear die-cut from my stash was added to the center of the corner die Three screwtop brads were used to both secure the chains/corner element and to add an additional touch of metal

The framed Steampunk Skull image panel was adhered to the card, then drops of clear adhesive were added under the Steampunk Skull's faucet. The image panel was adhered to the card and I called it done!

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies!


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment