Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wicker Chair



Good morning! It's Holly posting today. I fell in love with this wicker chair when I saw it in the I Brake for Stamps store, and I put in a big order for a bunch of the Embossing Arts images there. :-) I watercolored this sweet image with distress inks and then sponged some Tea Dye distress ink around the edges. The kraft mat underneath was turned into a Torn Frame via the technique of the same name from Technique Junkies.

I didn't realize this until after the card was done, but I picked the strips of blue patterned paper to subconsciously coordinate with the weaving in the wicker chair. How cool is that? I love it when I pick just the "right" paper only to realize later on "why" it was so perfect. I went through literally ALL of my designer paper, rejecting everything I saw because it just wasn't right, until I found this particular sheet from the Country Drive collection by Echo Park. :-)


Stamps: Wicker Chair from I Brake for Stamps
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Tea Dye, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Straw, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick
CS: Kraft, watercolor paper, Country Drive (Echo Park)
Other: wooden button, linen thread, aquapainter, corner rounder, sponge
TJ Technique: Torn Frames

1 comment:

  1. I really love the layout of this card! The colors, patterns and embellishments are wonderful! I may just have to scrap lift this card layout, if you don't mind that is. Great card!

    ReplyDelete