Friday, August 5, 2011

Tie Dye Leaves


Hi y'all! It's Holly posting today, and I have used the fun Tie Dye Chic Embellishments technique from the new Stampbooking CD on this leafy card. The beauty of this cd is that the techniques can be applied to cards and 3D projects as well as scrapbook pages. There are 75 awesome techniques on this cd that you will want to try out for yourself.

I wanted to showcase this technique on a card since that is my primary canvas of choice. I've used this Tie Dye Chic technique with some leaves that I cut out with Tim Holtz's leaf die. The leaves are stamped with Holly's Tattered Background from I Brake for Stamps and I used my fingers to shape them and give them a real 3D appearance.

The sentiment is also from I Brake for Stamps, and I've used the Wisped Frames technique on it. I tied some linen thread around each leaf stem and I wrapped it around the edge of the card base. I opted for a clean and simple card base so that the leaf embellishments can take center stage.

Stamps: Holly's Tattered Background & Nature from I Brake for Stamps
Ink: Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Scattered Straw, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, Timber Brown Stazon
CS: white, brown
Other: Labels 4 die, sponge, linen thread, Tim Holtz leaf die
TJ Technique: Wisped Frames, Tie Dye Chic Embellishment (Stampbooking CD available from I Brake for Stamps)

1 comment: