Sunday, September 15, 2024

Running Horses & Cactus Silhouette

Horses are beautiful animals. 

Horses running free are majestic! 

This silhouette of the horses running in the desert against the setting sun is MAGNIFICENT!!  

On this card I wanted to create a sunrise.  The horses running with the sunrise behind them reminds me of the OLD WEST. 



I Brake for Stamps used:
Horses and Cactus Silhouette
Happy Birthday Sentiment


Stencil from Blank Page Muse
TCW554 Stencil Butterfly Collage - 6x6

Other supplies: 

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks 
Squeezed Lemonade
Festive Berries
Spiced Marmalade
Scorched Timber

Blending brushes
White Cardstock

Card base
Water in Spray bottle
Staz-on Black Ink
Stamp Platform
Paper towel
Heat tool
Parchment Paper
Gems

To create the sunrise I blended my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Festive Berries and Spiced Marmalade on white cardstock with blending brushes or any blending tool. I started with the Squeezed Lemonade working toward the darker Festive Berries.



Using a stamping platform and Staz-on Ink I stamped the desert silhouette with the running horses. After the set I lightly spritzed the card with water and dabbed it off with a paper towel, then dried with a heat tool.  This gave the sky some interest.



For the placement of Happy Birthday, I used baking parchment paper with lines over the stamped image. This helps to see if I got the sentiment lined up. Then I stamp the sentiment on the parchment, if it is straight, I carefully remove the parchment and stamp directly on the inked panel.

 

After getting to this point, I found I had a smudge on my panel! I was really happy with the inking and did not want to start over.  I was up for the creative challenge... What do I do to redeem my panel.  Stencil are your friend in this instance.  


Using the - Butterfly -stencil,  I gently stenciled over the smudge with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Scorched Timber and then in two other areas on the card. It looks like I intended to add the stenciling. Three black gems were added to the upper left. 

The panel was then mounted on a black mat and adhered to a card base. 

What do you think of my creative save?



Please visit our social media sites for more stamping fun!

I Brake For Stamps - https://ibrakeforstamps.com/
The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/

 


No comments:

Post a Comment