Thursday, September 5, 2024

Cactus Silhouette at Sunrise

Good morning my stamping friends! When I saw the silhouette cactus image, I knew I wanted to create a sunrise background to stamp the image on.  I love how the Oxide Inks blend creating an early morning sunrise. 






I Brake for Stamps used: 

Other supplies: 
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks 
Squeezed Lemonade
Festive Berries
Spiced Marmalade
Blending brushes
White Cardstock
Card base
Staz-on Black Ink
Stamp Platform
Parchment Paper
Gems



First blend the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Festive Berries and Spiced Marmalade with blending brushes.  I always start with the lightest color and work toward the darkest color.  


On a stamping platform or acrylic block stamp the cactus image.  I choose to make this a sunrise, so the reddest ink is at the bottom half of the card. 


To get the placement of my sentiment on straight I place parchment over the stamped image on the stamp platform.  I like using baking parchment with the lines. Then I stamp the sentiment on the parchment to see if it is straight.  Once I am happy with the placement, I carefully remove the parchment and stamp directly on the inked image. 


I necessary trim the edges of the stamped cardstock and then mount on the card base. Add gems if desired. 


What do you think of my desert sunrise?  Give it a try!  
Until next time, Happy Stamping! ~Lyneen




Please visit our social media sites for more stamping fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment