Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I Brake FOr....North Pole Postage!

Hello fellow stampers! Nancy here today!  Well, tomorrow is the big turkey day here in the USA - are you ready?  Pies baked?  Turkey thawed?  I have to confess that Thanksgiving is easy for me. Since we live far away from family it is only my husband and I on Thanksgiving.  I used to do the whole shebang and ended up with way too much food for two people.  Over the years I cut back and several years ago we decided to forgo all the cooking and go out to eat on Thanksgiving.  A local restaurant not to far from our home offers a traditional Thanksgiving meal and we have been going there for the past several years.    It has been working out fine for us!


But right after Thanksgiving we will be in full Christmas mode.  So, here is a cute card with that in mind.



This stamp is called North Pole Postage and can be found here.

I stamped and colored up a bunch of these (using copics).  They color up easy and are ready to go on a card or gift tag.

I was going to do a clean and simple card but once I started putting things together it just became layer after layer!

The stamped image was layered on a stitched tag that was embossed with a swiss dot embossing folder. It looked so plain on the white tag that I ended up adding some plaid paper along with a punched snowflake with a red glittery brad in the center.

When I placed the white tag on the white base card (which was embossed with a snowflake embossing folder) it just disappeared, so I mounted the white tag on red which helped it pop.  And to make things sparkle I used a stardust gel pen on parts of the image.  It is my favorite tool to use on images for Christmas.

Hop on over to the I Brake For Stamps store for this and some great holiday stamps.

Thanks for stopping by today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment