Thursday, October 6, 2016

I Brake for a Hello ...

Hello IBFS fans !!

It's Crystal here and today's card is made using the Selfie Set  , I made a shaker card base and then we had fun .. I loved playing paper dolls when I was a kid and that might explain my love to paper piece . Today I am going to show you the Crystal way to paper piece , its over the top and will take it to the next level and once you go there is no turning back ..lol

 I find some small print paper that I like and will go together ( 6 X 6 paper pads are perfect for this the patterns are always small and perfect for this technique )

I am doing her skirt in a floral pattern
                                                               and his shirt it a small green pattern ,
 now the fun comes , I find a maker the complements the paper colors and I add shading to the areas that would have shadows , see below the shading I added to the shirt in green
next I add green to the shirt area , I do this just in case I don't cut so perfectly the green will hide it , you don't want to do all this work and see white cardstock under the image after you glue your piece on  , I also go around the edge with a black marker the keep all white at bay ..
here you can see her skirt is done  , see the shading at top of skirt I think it really adds to the paper piecing , and you can see half his shirt in this picture ready to glue , make sure you color your image before you glue your paper pieces on






What do you think? Will you give this a try ? I hope  have inspired you to try paper piecing , it really is fun ! A great pair of CutterBee scissors are a must have also to get that detailed fussy cutting done .

If you like the Selfie Set or want to check out some other Humorous Senior stamps ,
For this image and so many more visit the IBFS store
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you found this post helpful please leave a commit I love hearing from you !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment