Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Brake for Gnome Gnotes


It's always good to have some Thank You cards on hand, so I decided to make a Thank You Gnote featuring the largest Gnome from the Gnome Sheet (I Brake for Stamps). This fabulous large gnome is one of NINE (9) gnomes and a mess of mushrooms on that sheet. It's a Gnoteworthy bargain indeed.

The Large Gnome was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a black marker. He was set aside while I pulled together a nice background for him.

I vaguely remembered that I had some very leaf patterned paper that would work well with the way I colored the Large Gnome! Better yet, I even found it buried deep in a file of 12x12 patterned papers. I should mention that one can amass quite the patterned paper collection after 16+ years of paper crafting, especially if one had to buy multiples of certain patterns because one was afraid she might run out. It's a sickness, kinda like referring to oneself in the third person. 

Anyway, I found the leaf patterned paper and a nice plaid that coordinated with it. They were cut to size and the brown-based patterned papers were edged with Gathered Twig Distress ink (Ranger) and the plaid was edged with Evergreen Bough Distress ink

Brown cardstock was die-cut with the Just a Note die and the Small Alphabet Font dies.

The patterned paper was layered, the sentiment was added, and the Large Gnome was adhered. The card front was then adhered to a brown A2 card.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment