Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Brake for Poinsettias

Hi everybody!  Regina here and I see that my fellow card making friends have been making Christmas cards for a few months now, this is my first one of the year!  Yay!  I think it turned out beautiful! The first time I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it.  This stamp is from I Brake for Stamps called Poinsettias in Squares.  

Here's the stamp.  Look at the possibilities!  




First, I stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed with silver embossing powder.  I cut the squares out with scissors and then I cut 9 squares out with my Silhouette that were a little larger.  The tiles are 1-1/8" so the squares I cut out are about 1-1/4".  I glued down the poinsettia tiles to the silver squares that I cut and then cut a piece of vellum and used pop dots to pop them up and give dimension.  I embossed the red layer with poinsettias.  I colored the stamp with Copics.  It was so relaxing to color this too.  
Finally I cut out the Joy from my Silhouette, design ID# 36114, using glitter paper and used some cute glitter enamel dots.  I love these!  

Supply List:

  • I Brake For Stamps Poinsettias in Squares stamp
  • Gina K Designs White and Red Velvet Card Stock
  • Grafix 40# Clear Vellum
  • Martha Stewart Elegant Paper Pad (used silver under the poinsettia squares)
  • Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders by Tim Holtz 2/pkg - Texture Poinsettia Pattern
  • American Crafts Christmas Glitter Papers
  • Silhouette Design Joy, # 36114
  • Versamark Ink
  • Martha Stewart Sterling Silver Embossing Powder
  • Virginia Turtle Stamps Starlight Glitter Enamel Dots
Copics: Poinsettia Stamp R22, R24, R29
Poinsettia Leaves G43, G46
Poinsettia Center Y15 and dots of R27

Did I motivate you to make a Christmas card?  Start now!  

For more inspiration, please stop by my blog at http://cardsbyregina.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina - I Brake For Stamps Design Team


2 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas card , love the silver embossing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver embossing is perfect for this card. I have this image and you are an inspiration on how you used it.

    ReplyDelete