Monday, August 17, 2015

I Brake For Color Blocked Flowers

{jane bosi}

Happy Monday!!  Here we are again...another Monday and more flowers!  It does make Monday a little bit more palatable...right?

For this card, I used an old scrap booking template to create the different areas, but you could use post it notes to achieve a similar look.  For color, I used Distress Inks due to their unique ability to react with water. The top of each cone flower is lighter due to removing ink with a water brush.  It's a little trick you have to complete before the ink dries completely, of course, but it gives nice contrast like you see above.  Also, I used a water drop technique over the whole piece to give this one layer card an extra bit of interest.

All stamp images are from my favorite flower sheet, Floral Sheet 148B. I just love those cone flowers!

It's your turn....go get inky and make it an awesome day!  TTFN, Jane

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful , love how creative and colorful : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful , love how creative and colorful : )

    ReplyDelete