Monday, July 27, 2015

I Brake For Unicorns

{jane bosi}
 Happy Monday, Brakers!  I've got a non-card project to share today....it's a t-shirt I made using THIS fun digital image!  I admit, I was a little leary of the digital image when they first became popular.   While I will never abandon the use of an actual stamp for card making, scrapbooking and more, you can see the digital image DOES have it's place!

The beauty of a digital image is the ability to manipulate it! For the t-shirt, I pulled the image into a Microsoft Word document.  It's roughly the size of a page, but I easily could have changed the size if I needed to.  I printed the image on a sheet of Avery Transfer Paper (I used the stretchable fabric variety) with my ink jet printer.  My printer is nothing fancy--any ink jet should get the job done!

After printing, I trimmed the excess around the image and ironed it on. I added color with some Marvy Fabric Markers--I used the florescent pack.  You can layer colors to make them more vibrant.  What you see in my project, is just two applications of color.  Be sure to let the colors dry between applications.  After the colors dried, I used some fabric glue and fashion glitter.....cuz, what's a unicorn without a little sparkle?

Have a great day and don't forget to be awesome!
Jane

3 comments: