Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Hello Everyone, a very happy Easter to each of you!

Here are some sweet little cards that I made for each of my children for Easter. (The idea is not original to me, but I've seen them in so many places that I'm not sure whom to credit with the original idea).

Sheep Easter Card

I used the Sizzix scallop circle die to make the card base. I folded a piece of 10" x 5" piece of white cardstock in half and laid the fold below the scallop of 3 of the circles so that it would not cut all the way through the card. I then ran the front of my scalloped card through my Big Shot using a swirls Cuttlebug folder. I then lightly inked the swirls and edge of the scalloped card using light grey Stampin' Up! ink. The rest of the sheep came together using black cardstock and different punches (word window, scallooped oval, ex. large oval and small oval punches). I added a bit of black chunky glitter to the "ears" and then added some googley-eyes. My kiddos all happen to LOVE sheep! Being in Ireland you see a lot of them and especially this time of year with all of the baby lambs being born - soooo cute! So, they thought these cards were ubber adorable. They made them smile and chuckle and ooohhh and awwww, so I was a happy mom today. :c)



Easter card

Here is what I stamped on the inside of each of them. This is a stamp called Easter Blessings Script from I Brake for Stamps. I really like the font and wish I could actually write like that! So pretty!

Happy Creating!

1 comment: