Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Miss Rachel and Butterfly Bookmark

Happy Tuesday! It's Holly posting today. I Brake for Stamps is sponsoring the February 15th "Spring" Challenge over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog today. I had a blast working with some ribbons and some stamps and bringing them together for two special projects.

My first project is a spring-themed card with this sweet Miss Rachel in the Garden stamp and some pink and white gingham ribbon (7/8").


I colored in Miss Rachel's dress to match the pink ribbon, and then added my own "gingham" lines to her little apron. After I cut this image out, I used the Wisped Frames technique from Technique Junkies. I'm in love with this gorgeous ribbon; it was so easy to tie into a bow and this soft pink is such a perfect spring color.

My second project is a bookmark. I used a length of this 5/8" Random Circles Light Blue Grosgrain ribbon and added some die cut circles and ovals to the top and bottom.


Isn't that a fun bookmark? I stamped the butterfly from I Brake for Stamps's Things with Wings sheet and colored it with Copic markers. I also added a row of blue rhinestones to the body for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from the Every Day Phrases sheet, and I used the Wisped Frames technique around it.

If you've been wishing for Spring and making some fun spring projects, why don't you play along with the "Spring" challenge on the Reasonable Ribbon blog? Maybe we can usher in a quicker start for some warmer spring days! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Holly,
    I left you some love on your blog already but sure don't mind repeating how cute I think your projects are! That woven ribbon on the card is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us @ Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!
    Special thanks to Della also for sponsoring us with such a generous prize!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete