Sunday, November 7, 2010

Aged Tiles Poinsettia Collage


Howdy, y'all! My name is Holly Brown, and this is my first post here as a Design Team member. I'm excited to be part of the IBFS family!

For my very first card, I created this card with the poinsettia collage from the new Christmas Collage sheet. There are four gorgeous images on this sheet, and you'll be seeing more of my work using these collages in the weeks to come.

I stamped the poinsettia collage with a red ink, let that dry, and then used the Aged Tiles technique (from Technique Junkies). I distressed the edges of the layers for a more rustic look, and then adhered that to a kraft card base. This is a perfect flat, mail-able card for the busy holiday season. We all need flat cards that only use one PO stamp to be mailed, right? :-) Come on back next week to see another flat and mail-able card with another Christmas Collage image.

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Holly!! It's gorgeous, and so fantastic that it has all that beauty AND is very mailable!!! (Ask me about double postage on every card..... never again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous and how very creative.... I may have to try & case this.... thanx for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Holly. I love your work and am so happy to see you made the team. This card really grabbed my attention when it jumped into my mailbox. This technique works so well with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete