Monday, July 13, 2015

I Brake For Different

{jane bosi}  Happy Monday, Brakers!!  Raise your hand if you stamp for the therapeutic value?  I do!  I find great peace in doing things other might consider putzy--like fussy cutting and zentangling!

I started this project because I had been using this fabulous Stampinback Stencil and left it laying on my cluttered desk.  Also on my desk, a collection of distress inks.  So, I picked up a few of my favorite colors and created a colorful stenciling.  Days later, after purchasing a new fine tip Sharpie, I started the doodles.  I thought I really wanted to craft something amazing, but what I really needed was the release.  After two completed circles, I abandoned the piece to make something blog worthy........and then, still needing the peace, I returned to doodle the remainder.

Once done, I couldn't cover up any of it, so I opted for some stitching around the perimeter and a simple statement, Dare To Be Different.  I mounted the sentiment on a die cut that mirrors the zig zag stitching and added a few sequins---because, who doesn't like a bit of sparkle?  Next thing I knew.......it was blog worthy :)

Make it a great day, being awesome! 
TTFN, Jane

1 comment:

  1. I love your card...very striking in every way! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete