Monday, January 8, 2024

Ways of Using a Stencil

 Hello! Welcome back to the BPM blog. Today's project is about how to extend the use of stencils. I also created a DIY stencil which might interest you. Best of all, while my craft supplies are out, I was able to create a bonus card. 


 

I am using several Blank Page Muse products on this card:
I used the stencil as follows:
  1. I applied Deco Transfer Gel over the stencil for foiling.
  2. I pounced Versamark ink over the stencil for embossing.
  3. I traced the open areas of the stencil so I can color it with glitter and metallic pens.
  4. I traced the open areas of the stencil and doodled some diagonal lines on it.
  5. I used the stencil for embossing to add an impression on the gold vellum.
Foiling, Heat Embossing, Coloring, Doodling using a Stencil

For the DIY stencil, I stamped extra two flowers on scrap cardstock. I fussy cut the flower on one of the stamped images, and I fussy cut the flower center saving this piece and both negative cuts. I used these pieces so I can blend the ink to the stamped flowers giving it a more softer look compared to flowers colored with markers.



Since I have a left over piece of the stenciled panel (which I did not want to put to waste), I cut this left over piece into several pieces to create a frame for another card.

I hope you like today's card. If you have another way of using a stencil, please make a comment so I can also try it out. Please visit my blog, Maria Giselle's Creative Cuts, for card details. 

Find more inspiration by visiting the following blogs:

Visit our social media sites for more stamping fun!
I Brake For Stamps -https://ibrakeforstamps.com/ 

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!






No comments:

Post a Comment