Friday, November 18, 2022

Get Well Soon Card

  Hello from Design Team member, Heidi.

I adore cats.  And this cat stamp is sooooo sweet!  When I was looking at it, I thought how cozy the kitten looks, and then I decided that the blanket needed to look cozy too.  So I employed one of my favorite techniques, paper piecing!




I had just the right patterned paper that I had hoarded kept for just the right project. 

I first stamped the cat on white cardstock and colored with Tom-bow markers.  This made it easy to do the tabby shading as I could just go over those a second time with my brown marker to make it just the right amount darker.  (Typically I don’t color a lot with water based markers but in this instance, it works very well.)

Then I layered over the cozy blanket and added my sentiment.  A very easy card!

The stamps I used can be found in the I Brake for Stamps store.

The cat is available in a set called MS110 Full Plate and also as a single stamp, if you prefer.

The sentiment is part of this set called Baubles, Doily and Words.



Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment