Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I Brake for Bull Elks & Birthdays

Hello everyone, and Happy Wednesday to all!
The weather here has been so crazy for the last few weeks, we get hot, then snow, its nuts I tell ya! I can't wait for the weather to at least be back in the high 60's or even 70's hehehehe. Anyways onto my card for today.
 
So I created this card for I Brake For Stamps  using "Bull Elk" stamp, SCS Sketch Challenge and my son's 23rd Birthday that is coming in April :) It's hard to believe all my kids have grown up, and 2 have moved out. I really don't feel old enough for all that to happen. Life surely does change, and I have to say while I miss them being little , I am now enjoying this part of my life with my dear hubby! :) I have so many wonderful memories of them all being young, and all the time we spent with our kids, taking them to the park daily in the summer, and swimming, playing games on game night, and just enjoying being around them, those memories I will cherish forever!
 
I truly love making my family cards, not sure how my son feels about getting some of them, as I have given him some cutesy ones before....heehe so having this Bull Elk being more manly , I know he is going to love it! He better!!!HAHAHAHa

My card was by far the quickest most simple card I think I have created .....lol I seriously cut my white card stock 6" x 12, then folded in the center at  6".
 
Next comes the layers-the black card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", and then I stamped my IBFS image of the Bull Elk in memento black ink and stamped on white card stock, colored him up in copics(E31,E33,E23,E57,E29) and then airbrushed the sky.(B41,B00), & the grass was colored using (G94 & G95. I cut this piece down to 5 1/4" x 3 1/2", Next I cut the 2 other panels of dp to fit on the black layer, and then added my white gel dots. Super fast & Easy!!
 
I added some Ribbon, Button, Birthday Tag, and some twine to complete my card for today.
 Supplies Used:
I Brake For Stamps /Bull Elk
Bazzill design paper/Timeless
American Crafts /White and Black card stock
Ribbon /button,twine/from my stash
White Gel pen
ATG glue gun
Pebbles /Tag
Update on my Amaryllis flower. I have never seen this bloom before so it was super exciting taking photo's of it daily. I thought it would have 1 bloom(one flower) but it has 4 in each stem. Currently the other stem is working on opening all for, so I will have 8 flowers on this. I am not sure how long they will stay, but I am enjoying the beauty of these! I've had this for 2 years, and this is the 1st year its bloomed for me....hehehehe ok just had to share!
 
Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!
hugs,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment