Wednesday, July 8, 2020

I Brake for Floral Split Cards!

Hello!  I recently tried a technique for making two cards using one panel and I wanted to share this with you.  You can see the original idea in this video, but I know many people prefer to quickly browse a photo tutorial, so I am adding a tutorial on how I made these specific cards.




First, I stamped the Dahlia onto some Brusho backgrounds. I was able to stamp one and a half flowers on each background, the colors were Yellow Ochre, Rose Red and Terra-cotta.  I trimmed these out.  



Then, I used a sheet of cardstock 5.25 inches by 8.5 inches, marking the halfway point with a pencil line.


I dry fit my flowers in a way I thought might look good.


I also used a sheet of paper to look how each half of the card looked on its own.  


Then I glued down all the flowers and cut the panel in half.  My guillotine trimmer cut through all the layers easily.  


I finished the cards off with a heat embossed sentiment from the same set on a die cut label.  I also added some black Nuvo drops.  I could have used the background in any orientation, but I kept them the same as they were originally.  (You might have noticed, on the left card, I added an extra little scrap of a flower to fill it out.)



I also wanted to show you how I finished off the inside of the Thinking of You card with the Memories Comforts You stamp.  This is my favorite sympathy sentiment.  


Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great day and keep on stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment