Wednesday, September 18, 2019

I Brake for Asters!

Hello!  Did you know that September’s Birth Flower is the Aster?  That isn’t a big surprise as you may see them for sale all over during the early fall.  I made this card for my friend, whose birthday is in just a couple days!  


I tried to color the image in what I think is the quintessential color for an Aster, a pretty periwinkle. I used a blue and a purple alcohol marker to get this look.  I die cut the image, and then with the die in place, sponged light blue distress ink over top, to get the delicate white frame.  

I like to decorate the inside by stamping the flower in a very light ink with the sentiment over top.


Like all the stamps in the Birth flower series, this is available as both a regular size and a Jumbo size. The stamp I used is the regular one.  

Sentiment from Half Sheet 138B

I sure appreciate your visiting the blog today!  Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment