Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I Brake For....Poppy Tile Collage!

Hello stampers - Nancy here today!!  My card for today is elegant and shimmery..



The stamp used here is called Poppy Tile Collage - it is one stamp and can be found HERE.

This is such a pretty and versatile stamp - so many uses for it.  I chose to break out something that I had not used in a very long time - my Twinkling H2O's - more on that in a bit.

First I stamped and embossed the image twice in black.  I knew I was going to pop up the middle section, so I stamped and embossed that section first and then did the full image second.



After cutting out the two pieces I pulled out the glimmer!  I have quite of few Twinkling H2O's and most of the time they sit in a drawer.  Essentially they are watercolors  with mica powder in them so they have a gorgeous shimmer when you paint them.  I'm not even sure if they are available anymore. 



I used Solar Gold and Poppy Red on this card.  Here is a close up - hope you can see a bit of the shimmer.



Once all the coloring was done I mounted it on red cardstock and added a black ribbon for embellishment.  I really love how this turned out and this stamp makes it easy to create something elegant in a short amount of time.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hop on over to the IBFS store to find this and thousands of other beautiful stamps.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I never had the twinkling h20s but they look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete