Monday, July 24, 2017

I Brake for All Women!

Hi everyone it's Monica from Taylormadecards4u. I am here using one of my newest stamps, which is quickly becoming a favorite. When I first saw this image, it reminded me of a Vintage Class photograph. One you would find in a year book.



It is a great image and one that brings so many creative ideas to mind.  I am sharing this one with you today along with a shadowing technique using Jet Black Archival ink and Iced Spruce Distress Oxides ink. If you want to see how i created this shadow affect, you can check out the video on You tube

This technique works great when working with silhouette stamps. By stamping the image with the Distress Oxide ink first, then moving the paper over a bit and re stamping the image with the Jet Black Archival ink, you create a shadow affect.



I did this technique with the All Women stamp above, but also did it with a sentiment stamp as well to show you the different effects. 



After both inks were dry, I used a background stamp to create some interest.  I then framed the image with the rectangular stitched die, frayed the edges and matted it onto some black card stock.

I added film strip ribbon and lace ribbon around the black card stock and matted it on to two more designer pieces of paper. As a finishing touch, I added two vintage buttons.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





1 comment: