Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Brake for Owls on Valentine's Day!

Here's a Steampunky Valentine's Day card using Wise Owl, from the Wise Owl rubber stamp setone of the stamp sets from the Mech-Animals stamp collection. It also uses Steampunk Heart, but not the wings, from the Large Steampunk Heart with Wings set, which is part of the the New Montage II set. Both the Wise Owl and the Steampunk Heart sets are by Carmen Medlin Designs and are available at I Brake for Stamps.


The Wise Owl and the Steampunk Heart were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (ImagineCrafts), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a black marker. Wise Owl's beak, talons, armor grommets, and compass were coated with several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) as were the screws on the Steampunk Heart.

Blue cardstock took a ride inside an embossing folder. The raised bits were brushed with silver and brassy gold metallic wax then buffed with a cloth to give a lustrous metallic shine.

Bronze and silver metallic cardstock were die-cut with a lot of steampunky dies, then layered. The Steampunk Heart was adhered with two addition gear die-cuts to hold it. Wise Owl was perched upon the Steampunk Heartthe card front was adhered to a matching blue card, and I called it done.

I contemplated adding "Whoooo Loves Ya?" as a sentiment, but decided against it since my husband is away from home for Valentine's Day. However, he is a very smart man and my Valentine's Day flowers arrived on Monday!

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment