Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sunflower sympathy

Hello and happy Saturday!

Today I'm sharing a sympathy card that was a special request from my husband.  About 7 yrs. ago he started traveling to Canada on business.  He made friends with a man who subcontracts with his company and whenever he goes up there they golf or go to dinner.  Unfortunately,  after a 7 yr. battle with brain cancer this man's wife passed away.  She was only 42.


Her favorite flower was the sunflower and her favorite colors were pink and aqua.  I was lucky enough to have a paper pad that was FULL of sunflower themed papers and many of them in this pretty aqua shade.  I also believe everything happens for a reason.  Last month when I placed my I Brake For Stamps order I chose almost exclusively flowers.  This LARGE SUNFLOWER was in my order.


I paired the flower with the verse WITH SYMPATHY.


Though my husband will tell people I'm a talented cardmaker he almost never comments on any card I make.  He told me at least 3 times how pretty and perfect this card would be for his friend.  I hope so.  I've met him and he's a wonderful person.  I can't believe he's going through this at only 40 yrs. old.


Here's a close up of the beautiful verse from IBFS.




No comments:

Post a Comment