Monday, November 24, 2014

I Brake For Snowy Villages


{jane bosi}

Happy Monday!!  I DO brake for snowy villages!!  The picture below is a just a snap shot of the view out my Studio window!  Yesterday, it was 40+ degrees and rainy.....crazy Wisconsin weather!!


The card, I'm sharing today, was inspired by this craziness!  I began by creating a background using the Splattered Ombre Watercolors Tutorial from Technique Junkie Newsletter. It's a fun little technique that looks very snowy to me!

I used the largest building from IBFS's Cats and Buildings stamp sheet.  After stamping the building on white cardstock, I colored it with a grey Copic marker--adding just a bit of yellow in a few of the window areas.  I stamped a second image and selected one building to highlight.....I imagine that would be my friend's house...I popped it up on dimensional tape to give the finished card a bit more interest!

My sentiment is also from IBFS, but I will save you the time of trying to seek it out on your own.  I used a sentiment from the Rick St. Dennis Holiday Bear Sheet.  It comes with a sentiment that says "Have a Beary Merry Christmas."  When inking it, I covered the "Have a Beary" portion before applying it to the ink pad.  I was able to omit that part and end up with the perfect sentiment! 

Of course, if that is a bit too putzy for you, I'm sure you will find something perfect RIGHT HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment