Thursday, August 25, 2022

Making Backgrounds

 Hi Creative Fans!


Today I'm sharing a background idea - works for journal pages, card fronts, index cards, atc's - really whatever you want to create!

The best thing is that you can use up your patterned paper scraps and as you know I hate throwing any pretty bit of paper away!


There are some wonderful patterned paper pads available in store designed by Pam Bray - I save all the left over bits for using as backgrounds - it's quick and easy and looks effective - minimal supplies required so everyone can do this!

CLICK HERE to see the paper packs in store!

Gather your paper scraps - works best with all different sized pieces - grab your backing item whether it be a journal page or card front - you can use "mop up" pages and pieces of card - gives some extra grunge and interest to the page. My journal page had been used to "clean" excess paint from my brayer so I had some colour on the background.
If you have a plain page you might want to gesso it.


Adhere your scraps over the page - use glue or gel medium whatever is your fav!
Rub white gesso or paint over the patterned papers to dull out the colors - just a really thin layer - I use my fingers because it allows the layer to be thin and translucent! And then grab a charcoal pencil and color all around the edges of the patterned paper, smudge with your finger - love the dimension this adds. You now have a great background to add a focal stamp, sentiment and any other embellishments you like!


Pop over to My Blog and you can see all my stamping & digital creations!

***Remember to us the code BPMSharon at the store for 15% off ***
So many fab stamps to choose from!
Note: you can use the code at either the IBFS Store OR the BPM Store - why not do an order from each and increase your stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment