Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I Brake for Africa!

Hello from designer, Heidi.  I have a two cards that are a bit outside my typical style, but I really ended up liking them!  I usually choose stamps that I just like (which is a lot of flowers and birds!) but sometimes I like to send cards that are different, and these projects fit the bill.  




I created my background by swiping Distress Oxide inks onto watercolor paper, and then giving a light spray of water.  When dry, I stamped the Pride of Africa stamp right over top.  

I also stamped a background stamp called Tribal Blanket, using tan ink, onto kraft cardstock, to create a subtle tone on tone look.  I really love that it is patterned, but doesn’t compete with the main image.  It was no problem to stamp my greeting, Thank You, on this panel.


Now, onto a “bonus” card!  

So, I just loved that background stamp, and wanted to use it a little more. I had a plain white Hello die cut sitting on my desk, so I decided to dress it up by stamping on it with both green and orange inks (also still on my desk from the other project.). I then colored over the rest of the white by pressing it directly to my yellow inkpad.  



I then stamped my Large Oak Tree with brown ink onto some white kraft cardstock and put the die cut directly over.  This turned out to be a great, everyday masculine card.  

I hope you will be inspired to choose some stamps outside of your ordinary with your next purchase! Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment