Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I Brake For....Clown FIsh!

Hello stampers  - Nancy here today!  Do you like shaker cards?  They seem to be all the rage these days.  It's been at least 15 years since I made one.  Techniques come and go in the crafting world and back then we all were doing them and it is nice to see them popular again.  Here is mine!






I've used a stamp called Clown Fish, found here on the IBFS store.  A nice image that has the fish above a little section of sand and coral.  The beads that make up the "shaker part" obscures some of the sand and coral portion - here is a little closer look.



It's been so long since I did a shaker card I had to go back and review the steps.  In my stash of stuff I found a bunch of containers of micro beads - if you've been crafting awhile you remember those teeny, tiny beads used to cover pens.  Well I have a bunch and when I used them on the card here I may have used just a tad too much!  They are so small you don't realize how much you are putting into the card.  And you can't tell, but they are a very light blue.  They look clear in the photo.

I hope you take a stab at creating one of these shaker cards.  They are fun to do!



Hop on over to the IBFS store and check out the thousands of stamps available.  There are so many styles you are sure to find something to love!


1 comment: