Monday, November 25, 2013

I Brake for “ ‘Twas the night before Christmas…

...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” This time of year is my favorite season to create cards. I always do the traditional and complimentary colors, red and green. I may add the touch of gold or purple, but the majority of my cards will be very strong in red and green. With that rule, “The Night Before Christmas” image, designed by Rick St.Dennis MFA (RSD) for I Brake for Stamps (IBFS) was perfect for my red and green. You can find this little guy in digital format in the RSD digital section under the Randi Dandi Section.




I colored “The Night before Christmas” with Copics and added some Gelly Roll Stardust glitter pen for some accents. My dies cuts are Spellbinder’s Holly Motifs. Before I release the cardstock from the die I distressed the embossed areas with Gathered Straw Distress Ink and added Stardust glitter pen to those areas. Finished it off with some flat-backed red pearls.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stop by everyday for more IBFS inspiration. You can find more details at my blog, AJ’s Designs.

Wishing everyone in the United States, Happy Thanksgiving!
Aletha Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment