Friday, December 7, 2012

Snowman Soup

Hi Everyone, it's Robyn here.  I am so excited to be back on the IBFS design team.  I had taken a break from crafting in general, but I'm back and have an adorable Christmas project to share with you.  This would make a great stocking stuffer, teacher gift, co-worker "thinking of you", send to school for your children's class, etc. gift.

The stamp sheets that I've used are Christmas Plate #3 and Christmas Plate #4.  Both have really terrific images for many, many different Christmas projects and gift ideas, not to mention countless options for your Christmas card making.



What I've created involved a bit of recycling as well.  Do you know those coffee sleeves that you get at the coffee shops?  Well that is the base of this project.  I've simply taken one of those, covered it with patterned paper and decorated it using the cute little snowman from Christmas Plate #3 along with the candy canes from the same plate.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment came from Christmas Plate #4
I added a little bit of foam tape to the back of the snowman to give him some dimension and added a bit of glitter to the candy canes.
I took a clear cello bag and filled it with a hot cocoa packet and some mini marshmallows; which I'm calling freeze-dried snowballs. (So cute!)  Then tucked in a candy cane.  Here is the little poem that goes with it:
I just created that using a Word document and printed it off using my computer.  I've included it for you below in case you'd like to copy/paste it. =)

Snowman Soup Poem:
"Was told you've been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it.
With freezing weather drawing near,
you'll need to warm the spirit.
So here's a little Snowman Soup,
complete with stirring stick.
Just add hot water, sip it slow,
it's sure to do the trick!"

I hope you've enjoyed this little gift idea and that it brightens your day and warms your heart!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment