Friday, June 24, 2011

Shallow Shadow Box



HI Everyone! Happy Friday!



Not sure what else to call this except its a Shallow Shadow Box-I have had this for a while, and it wanted to be used today :) What fun this was! I just painted the Shadow Box black using a Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber to begin with. For the background I used this technique from Tim Holtz and the Postage Stamp Background. I added some old french text that I sponged with Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks and I attached them to the shadow box with Gel Medium. Stamped out the Charming Couple from the Photo Booth Sheet (one of my long time favorites from the Time To Stamp line {grin}) and layered them onto some black cardstock. I stamped the image one more time and attached it to some chipboard and attached it onto the middle of the piece I stamped 3 times. I wrapped some rusty wire around it and attached a rusty key. I wanted more attention drawn to the main image, so I dry brushed some Gesso. Finished it off by stamping out "promise" from the journaling sheet onto a piece of scrap paper that I rubbed with the Wild Honey Distress stain :)













~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Love this; soooo different and very creative. Well done, certainly given food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete