Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Brake for Steampunk!

I don't know if it's because I've been spending a lot of time at my parents' house, where there are bolts, screws, paperclips, and metal odds and ends everywhere or if it's because I just love Steampunk, but I was in the mood to create a Steampunk-themed card.

I've used Steampunk Eyesone of the Eyes of Adventure stamps available at I Brake for Stamps.


Steampunk Eyes was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with black marker. When I was done I added a touch of Clear Glaze gel pen (Sakura) to Steampunk Eyes' steampunk goggles to add a touch of glass-like dimension and shine.

I decided to keep the card's design simple, since Steampunk Eyes is such a wonderful character. I added a strip of Washi tape to a piece of patterned paper from the Junque Gypsy 6x6 pad (Marion Smith Designs). The edges of the paper were sponged with Antique Linen Distress ink (Ranger and then adhered to a Kraft card.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment