Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I Brake for Gnome Gnote Pads!

Gnomes make me giggle. Bad gnome puns totally amuse me. I needed a new notepad to carry around since I lost mine recently.

This is what happened. 


Whenever I see small plain note pads, especially ones with an attached pen, I usually purchase several. I'm at the stage of life that if I don't write something down, I forget it. By extension, I lose the darned note pads all.the.freaking.time. Decorating note pads is fun and practical because they make great gifts. Let me know if you want one and maybe you'll actually get one. That is if I remember.

This decorated Gnote pad features the Digging Gnome from the Gnome Sheet (I Brake for Stamps). The Digging Gnome is one of NINE (9) Gnomes and a mess of mushrooms on that sheet. It's a Gnoteworthy bargain indeed.

The Digging Gnome was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a black marker. He was set aside while I decorated his Gnote pad.

The plain note pad was black gessoed and painted. A piece of heavy-duty cardstock was cut to fit the cover, dry embossed with a music sheet folder, and painted.

White cardstock was die-cut with some mushroom dies and the font was cut as well. The mushroom dies were colored with Copic markers, but white paint was used to add white dots to them. The title letters were painted with paint to match the ground.

The mushrooms, the Digging Gnome, and the title letters were adhered to the painted, stenciled panel with Media Multi-Medium. The same brown paint was used to add some dirt to the Digging Gnome's shovel. The image panel was adhered to the note pad, the edges were sponged with black ink, and then sealed with varnish.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 


Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment: