Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I Brake For Skating Santa


Hi everybody!  Regina here and I am back from vacation, trying to get back in the groove.  I went to Hermann, Missouri.  There are wineries there and we stayed in a very nice Inn, B&B.  It is so beautiful there in the fall.  This year, we got a room with a nice size deck and a fire pit.  It was awesome!  

Well, it seems that shaker cards are all the rage right now so I made one this week.  This is only my second time making one of these.  Not sure why I don't make them more often but since I have so many sequins, seed beads, etc., I might as well put them to good use and start making them.  

I used a stamp from I Brake For Stamps called, Skating Santa.  There is also a digital version for Skating Santa.  He looked like so much fun to me!  







 Originally I was going to make an ice skating pond and somehow that morphed into this shaker card so the circle is supposed to be what he is skating on.  When I think of Santa, I think of a magical time and believing in things you cannot see so that is where the word, believe came into play here, using red, foil card stock and a Tim Holtz die.  I colored Santa with Copics.  I put some Diamond Stickles on his vest and Red Glitter Stickles on the berries.  I added glossy accents to his skates and gloves to make them shiny.  I used a metallic Sakura pen called Silver Star to color the blades of the skates.  I used a marker called a Snow Marker on his hat.  These are so much fun to use!  You just dot some ink on the area, wait until it dries some and then use a heat gun on it and it poofs up.  The last picture shows the snow pen part on the hat better.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder with snowflakes and sponged with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink, Tumbled Glass, some heavy, some lightly.  

I used a piece of acetate that I cut off of a package that some card making supplies were in for the window of the shaker card.  You can use transparencies or you can also buy the windows especially for shaker cards, I want to try those.  I put some fun foam behind the backing behind the window secured with glossy accents and scor-tape.  I added various sequins, seed beads, etc., inside the window and popped Santa up on pop dots.  Finally, I added some red glitter enamel dots to the two corners.  

Did I inspire you to make a Shaker Card?  Anybody any age would love to receive one of these.  

Please be sure and stop by my blog at http://cardsbyregina.blogspot.com for more inspiration. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina - Design Team Member

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. Santa is so cute skating on the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable , I love shaker cards and yours is very cute !!

    ReplyDelete