Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I Brake for Beautiful Buildings!


It's always a good idea to have lots of Thank You cards on hand, especially as we approach the holiday season. The best thing about Thank You cards is that they can have almost any image on them!

I was in the mood to color scenery, so I got out my Cats and Buildings stamps (Stampinback)  which I got at I Brake for Stamps.  Cats and Buildings is a half sheet that has two different scenes of Dutch buildings (Amsterdam?) and a great cats stamp, which I love and adore. 

I stamped one of the two Dutch Buildings from the half sheet onto Solar Crest White cardstock (Neenah) and colored it with Copic markers, after looking up Amsterdam architecture on Google to check if I remembered the colors accurately. After all, it's almost thirty years since I was last in Amsterdam. I was three when I went to stay in Holland for a month to visit my husband, who was doing a short stint there. After coloring the buildings, I added some Clear Spica Glitter pen (Copic) to the windows and glass doors to make them sparkle. I also added some to the strettlight and a few elements of the buildings.

The sky, pavement, and canal were added with Copic markers with a touch of white gel pen (Sakura) to add some white caps to the water.

Since the scene is rather busy, I decided to keep the design CAS. I matted the scene on Kraft cardstock, then added it to a piece of patterned paper from the Maritime 8x8 pad (7 Gypsies). I die-cut kraft cardstock using old QuicKutz dies, then added the sentiment to the label using a equally old rub-on, also from QuicKutz. Jute twine was used to string the sentiment and some staples from my Mini Attacher were used to secure it all.

Thanks for vistiting today.
 
You really ought to go check out IBFS's collection of Stampinback stamps and all the other great stamps at I Brake For Stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images!


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment