Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I Brake for Fashion!

Hello!  I am continuing to work on Valentines! One of the nicest things about making your own cards is that you can personalize each one.  This one is made with a teenage girl in mind — one who doesn’t care for hearts.



I really loved the retro look of the 1920’s Fashion Ladies in this set, and decided to pair that with the Hugs and Kisses sentiment in the Old and New set.

My background is the salted watercolor technique.  To get this texture, lay down a wash of watercolor paint on watercolor paper and, while it is still wet, throw some salt down on it.  After it dries, rub off the salt and it is ready to go.

I added a few die cut butterflies as my embellishment.  I also added some glitter pen to the dress details and the little butterflies, but it didn’t show up in the photo.  I am happy with how this card turned out!

Do you personalize your cards for each recipient?

Thanks for visiting today!

Heidi @MyLittleStampingBlog


No comments:

Post a Comment